Codes of Conduct / Principles of Return
As a result of COVID-19, we at London Academy Table Tennis Club have updated our Codes of Conduct to ensure that a return to play following COVID-19 is safe and in accordance with Table Tennis England and Government Guidelines. All members must agree to these terms to be allowed participation in our hall.
Your welfare, and the welfare of fellow club members is paramount. Please note the responsibilities of all members and London Academy Table Tennis Club to ensure a safe training environment:
- If you are showing coronavirus symptoms, or any of your household are self-isolating, you must stay at home and not use our facilities.
- You must contact the club by telephone or email prior to attending if you or any of your contacts/household test positive for Coronavirus.
- If you wish to play, you must book your place at a session in advance by emailing email@example.com
- You must register or sign in on arrival so that we can keep a track of who has visited the Club.
- You must adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Members must adhere to good hygiene practices throughout their time at the Club.
- Equipment cannot be shared within a session. Players should bring their own bats, and any equipment belonging to the Club must be cleaned after use.
- Balls should be washed regularly to minimise risk (this has been adjusted from the previous advice about using different balls for each player).
- Players must only train with the same person throughout any one session.
- Table tennis etiquette, which requires contact (shaking / slapping hands etc) must be suspended for the time being.
- Players should use one side of the table and not swap ends.
- There must be the minimum of a ten-minute break when players using the same table are swapping over.
- Players must wipe down their side of the table upon finishing their session.
- Proper hand washing with soap (or hand sanitiser as a second best) should occur before and after any activity at the club.
- Members must bring their own drinks bottles which are brought in and taken away every session.